Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Referral Anniversary Day



Oh, my little sunshine, I can't believe we found out about you an entire year ago.. We felt like we were waiting for-e-vah for you, to see your little face, to count your fingers and toes.. to finally have the hope of holding you. I am crying now thinking about the phone call that changed our lives and all the emotions that came pouring out from it.. Elation (finally!), Fear (am I going to be any good at being a mom?), Anxiety, Hope, Excitement, Anticipation..etc etc.. and yet that all seems so long ago b/c now, you are here, you are our son and life just doesn't make sense without you. You have already taught me so much about myself (most of it not good mind you) and your father (all better than I had hoped for) and I just can't wait to continue to get to know your unique little personality behind that beautiful face.

I'm so glad you are here.. I am humbled by the gift of your life into ours.

4 comments:

whatever_heather said...

I still have the text you sent me announcing the news saved in my phone! :)
Congrats on one year of being in LOVE. Kai is an awesome little guy.

ErinM said...

Happy 1st referral anniversary! What a happy day for your family!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful words Virginia! A little too beautiful - you make me cry too! Kai is truly a little gift from God to you and Ben. Enjoy every day with him.

Love, Mom B.

Anonymous said...

I remember how we all rejoiced with you and the look on your face -- elation doesn't cover it. In fact, I don't think Webster was able to adequately define that look!

Happy referral day!!