Sunday, June 1, 2008

Kai's Big Day

Kai had a few firsts today that I am sure many want to know about :). First was his dedication at a BBQ with our small group from church, casual and just our style. We feel such a sense of responsibility for this little person and know that we certainly cannot do this alone.. We are so grateful for the many different communities of friends that we have made over the years, and realize that this particular group of people is a special one, we all have the common goal of decreasing ourselves so that God will increase in us. My most difficult task in life.. decreasing the self. And not only do I need help with that, but now in raising our son I hope that we will be surrounded by people who will be able to guide us, laugh & cry with us and give us a loving tap on the shoulder when we are missing something. I am also so grateful for the EtAdoptGA group here in Atl.. We need you all and I miss you very much. Maybe I should plan the next gathering :)

This was his other first.. Do you see it? On his adorable bottom lip? Yup, he bonked his head hard enough to draw blood! He has started to crawl forward (he was stuck in reverse for the last month) but he is still not very confident in his stride.. Apparently he was up on his hands and knees and all of a sudden his arms just gave out and his face went straight down, all 5inches of the distance to the floor.. Oh the cries, my heart just hurts thinking about it.. It was only a drop or two of blood, but the tears and the snot.. I couldn't help myself and grabbed him away from Ben to comfort him.. sorry about that Benny.. you are a good comforter too.. it was me, I just needed to hold our little baby..

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear about the dedication. Sorry about Kai's little accident but in the photo it seems you only notice the EYES and not the busted lip!

Love you guys, Mom B.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on these milestones. We miss you guys too and hope we can get together soon as a group or even just for lunch/dinner soon. It's been a while.

whatever_heather said...

We are ready to meet again soon, too! We miss you guys a lot. Kai is getting so big, so fast!

Lauren said...

Congratulations!!! What a milestone, both with the dedication and Kai's first "owee." He's so adoreable. God Bless!