Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Word to the Ergo

Why on earth did I wait so long to bring one of these home?
I LOVE IT!
I have been using a Bjorn for the last 3 months, which really came in handy and convinced me that I am a carrying type of mom.. but now that Kai weighs more than 12 lbs (we're up to 17!) it really does a number on my shoulders and back. I can't wear it for longer than 15 minutes without getting all kinked up. So I debated with myself and hemmed and hawed over the high price tag, over the color, should I order online or hunt one down locally.. I was just stalling and finally couldn't delay anymore. I went to a local shop, they gave me a discount and I walked out a very happy customer. My immediate next stop was Whole Foods and I already couldn't wait to try it out.. Slapped it on in a jiffy and 20 minutes of shopping later, Kai was comfy, asleep and I got to enjoy a leisurely hour long shopping trip - HA! It was so worth the $85 just for that!

3 comments:

Leah said...

Totally agree. My son is almost 3 and I still use it several times a month. Best baby gear purchase we made...enjoy!

Autumn said...

things have been crazy and I am just now catching up on blogs and all...haven't even attempted to do much more than check email for about a month...but glad to be back in the loop...the girls were happy to see their pictures on your blog...we miss you too.

Love you!

Hip Mama

ErinM said...

Aren't they fabulous? I actually made ours from an Ergo pattern (given to me by a friend) and have been using it since Patrick was 9 months old. I can still carry him in it at 4 1/2 years old, so it is WELL worth the money. Kamu loves it beyond words--he giggles whenever he sees me put it on, and it's so much more comfortable to carry him on my front than a Bjorn would have been (we had one for Patrick and stopped using it about the same weight that Kai is), though I usually carry him on my back and tickle him with my hair ;-)