Saturday, July 19, 2008

Today's Neighborhood Funny

Just now, I was working on putting Kai down for the night. We were on the last few sips of his bottle when Norm starts barking excitedly and seconds later the doorbell rang. I put Kai in the crib, start down the stairs and can see 4 neighborhood kids through the glass. As I get closer I see one of them with a sign.. hmmm..

"Hi guys, whats up?"

The 9 year old group spokesperson says, "Hi! We have are selling a sofa, 50 bucks or best offer. It has to go by Wednesday."

I took a second look at the sign being held by the adorable redhead. It was a circular piece of cardboard attached to a hockey stick that said Sofa for Sale..

"Sorry guys, we don't need another sofa, but if I think of someone, I will let them know about it."

"Ok, but it has to go by Wednesday" said over the shoulder as the entourage starts turning around.. and she adds cheerfully, "Or best offer!" Then the boy in the group pipes up "Hey, lets go next door and check with Donovan, maybe he needs one!"

I chuckle as I head inside.. chuckle at their enthusiasm and determination and for the fact that Donovan is only 16 years old.. but hey, maybe he does need a full sized sofa in his room, you never know!

No comments: