Friday, December 12, 2008

23 Weeks



I am over half way through this pregnancy and I can't believe how blessed I have been in the "feeling good" dept! I am still ok energy wise, although I am sure that will change once tri-3 comes, and I have had no food issues, nothing difficult at all thus far.. in my body at least.. my head, well, that is another story.. :)

Baby Girl is about the size of a mango now, just over a pound and about 11 inches long.. She can feel my movements, so dancing with Kai is now dancing for the three of us :) and since she can hear noises clearly she knows about Norman (the treasured pooch) and his barks of play & excitement, she hears Kai's cries and the Christmas music constantly on these days.. The best part is that I definitely feel her moving around & I get to experience my own special time with her already. Each night when I climb into bed I lay on my back, hands on the belly and wait... I just focus on sending her love & usually after just a few minutes she signals.. and then again and again. It is something I am so honored to experience.. a little alien, yes, but still, honored just the same.. I feel like God has given me everything I've ever wanted already.. and I still have yet to meet her.. and I can't wait for a few years from now to meet our little person who has (most likely) yet to be conceived in Et.. Ben & I both know there is still one more person coming into our family through adoption.. and we think about Ethiopia every day.. we can't help it..

6 comments:

ShannonO.P said...

you're so stinking cute! You really look lovely and I'm glad to hear you're feeling good!!

Can't wait to see you! :)

Anonymous said...

You look great my dear. So happy that you are experiencing this miracle of pregnancy. Enjoy your quiet evenings with her.

Mom

whatever_heather said...

Beautiful! I better be seeing that bump again before she gets here!
XOXO

Anonymous said...

Wow. Half way there. So exciting. I totally understand the connection to ET too. Not sure we'll ever be able to do it again. But I sure think about it a lot.

Jan

Jessica said...

Oh, you are one of those adorable pregnant women I loathe!!! :) So cute!!! I am one of those pregnant women that gets fat...all over. Ugh! Not so cute!!!

She'll be here before you know it!!! Enjoy this time with Kai. I miss that one on one time with my oldest!!

Handlyrics said...

CONGRATS VA. I am so happy for you!!

Chevella