Wednesday, December 3, 2008

So much to say...

I have had so many different thoughts in my head over the last few weeks of what to post on (Kai, Ben, pregnancy, Baby Girl..) that I have just been avoiding it completely.. Videos of our adorable son are so much easier and seem to make the grandparents happy! :) I totally skipped over Thanksgiving and since it is my favorite holiday, I have to revisit.. So, today, on my blog, is Thanksgiving...

I look forward to this holiday so much, for all the same reasons everyone else does.. Family, time, food, gratitude and NO presents.. no pressure, expectation, disappointment, it's the perfect holiday! Ben & I alternate between our families each year and this time was with my side.. My older brother & family live 2 miles away, parents drove up from FL, the little brother flew in from Germany and he also brought his lady of interest from Canada, who we were all so excited to meet and whom he hadn't seen for years.. It was wonderful to have her here with us. We all haven't been together since Christmas last year and having my brother sooo far away is tough on everyone... not that we saw him much more when he was in the states, lets be honest, but it just feels so.much.further.

Anyway, I only REALLY lost it once, and I actually think that is pretty good for a pregnant lady with a 15 mo. old trying to cook a full dinner for 9, alone (T-giving eve meal). My dad & 9yr old niece came to my rescue after my tearful call to my brother's pleading for help.. Dad got to work chopping and Kalli was all about playing with Kai - thank goodness for them, or not only would I have cut myself on the food processor blade and the 8" chef's knife on accident, I may have considered doing it on purpose just to have my legs to myself in the emergency room! Seriously, I was at that point when I called - I love my son dearly, but sometimes the clinging/crying has just Got To Stop! :) Dinner was awesome and I didn't have much work after that, just desserts for Turkey day and that was a fun group effort with the Lil'bro and Lady friend. We ate, chatted, laughed, they drank, and we all bowled (I got a 111! sweet!) and Mom & Dad spoiled Ben & I with the gift of babysitting for a few hours so we could go to the movies!! Ahh... when was the last time we went to the movies?? Neither of us could remember it has.been.so.long.. And Laura, sorry to disappoint, but we didn't see Twilight (I still need to read the book).. but we did see Australia and I was lost in it for all 2.75hrs.. Loved it. and I would have to say, Hugh is definitely yummier than your Edward Cullen character :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Blashphemy, I say!!! Blasphemy!!!

(Read. The. Book. You'll change your mind).

xoxo