Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Heading South

After my last post we (well.. Ben mostly) made a lot of progress on the floors and they look awesome. I think I may really start to like our house now! I appreciate the house, but it has 0 character and this change is helping my attitude, which needs a lot of adjusting lately to be honest. I have felt a bit nostalgic lately as we are heading to SoFL tomorrow and these new floors remind me of those in our last house in Delray Beach. It was our first house, full of charm in every last inch of its 900 sqft. We loved the little bungalow and that house helped me to finally enjoy the area I had lived in since I was 12. All through my years living in Boca I just couldn't wait to get out. It is a beautiful city, full of privilege and I had a strong love/hate relationship with the town. Then, we moved to Delray.. the town just to the north of where I grew up and a whole world away in attitude and opinion. Delray is just lovely, leisurely, has history and a bit of spunk. They have an awesome cheesy Easter bonnet pet parade, walkable neighborhood streets, some of the best restaurants around, and the catamarans are parked on the beach all year. We can't wait to go down for a few days, see family & friends, enjoy the beach and celebrate Ben's brother's 30th birthday. Then it will be back to work as soon as we return, to finish the floors that will help me love this house, as a house has helped me love where my roots are. Change is always good for me, I just wonder what is around the corner.. feeling unsettled/anxious lately.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

I hope you guys have a wonderful trip :-)