Sunday, May 4, 2008

Update..

Well, this project is taking waaaay longer than I anticipated.. Poor Ben is working so hard, blisters on all his fingers and we still have a really long way to go.. The new flooring going down will hopefully be easier, but the old flooring is fighting with all its might not to come up. So, not really a happy post yet, just to say hello and let you all know we still don't have computer access.. or TV.. so we missed Lost :(.. and now sleeping/breathing is getting difficult in the house b/c of the concrete and old glue, so I think we will start sleeping at my brothers house.. at least me and the baby will.. oye vey.. wish I could be happier at this point! If anyone wants to come help remove old wood flooring, we'll buy lunch! :)

4 comments:

ErinM said...

We have a razor-edged floor scraper that we used to take up old linoleum in our bathrooms--will that help at all? You're more than welcome to it! I'm sorry it's such a difficult project. Our bathrooms were MUCH harder than we'd expected, also, so I completely know what it's like!

Ben Bubar said...

Hold on now, it's not all gloom and bad news. We were able to get two thirds of the new flooring down yesterday(AND IT LOOKS SOOOOO GOOD!), so progress IS being made.
Yes, the old wood flooring is a bit stubborn, but I had a neighbor come by and lend me some tools that have dramatically improved my chances of getting that stuff up....it's still not going to be easy but at least I know it can be done.
Thanks Erin, but I think I have every scraper in the book now...and so far only one has worked, I appreciate the offer!

Anonymous said...

LOL - Virginia's post and Ben's comment is SO Brian and Laura when we were doing renovations!

Leah said...

Lost was really good this week. You should take breaks especially for lost ;)