Monday, January 26, 2009

29 Weeks


I am still feeling good, great even. I am not sure if I have already said this, but during this pregnancy, I have felt more "normal" than I have in years. My hormones seem to actually be in balance during this process, no real mood swings (ok, maybe occasionally..), fairly rational thinking, a reasonable amount of chutzpah and not quite as much anxiety as I usually feel.

Physically, as of 3 weeks ago I was up 22lbs (!).. I can only really wear maternity pants, am in size L underwear and have had to buy all new bras and shirts.. my tops stopped covering the belly a while ago - especially since I am so long waisted anyway! I don't really have any food aversions or cravings at this point, and have only recently begun to feel tired again in the afternoons, welcome 3rd trimester. The Braxton Hicks have come on with gusto in the recent weeks and some times they are so strong & uncomfortable I have to stop what I am doing and sit down and just breathe. Not exactly painful, just incredibly uncomfortable.

Since the weeks are flying by, I am starting to feel the pressure to actually try to get some things done before baby girl arrives. Ben has his honey-do list and I have my own.. hopefully half of them will get done :) One of them is to finally decide on a name for little girl - it is proving really difficult this time! Malakai was a definite stand out for both of us, and now we are just taking our time and it is starting to drive me crazy. Hopefully something will start shining before long, or she will have to be named Talitha "little girl" by default :)

3 comments:

Christina said...

Hey, good to hear that things are going well! Post more, post more :).

Autumn said...

Finally...was wondering where you were! Although, I know we talk, I still enjoy your blog too. You look great. I've gained about 28lbs, so who's winning? Ha! Miss you.

ShannonO.P said...

Yay! Good to hear from your corner of the world! I can't wait till our little girls get here!!! What wonderful presents for 2009 ;)