Monday, January 26, 2009

Wow - how much time has past??

Ok, really.. I can't believe it has been weeks since I last posted.. This month has flown by and things have been a little different around our house on a daily basis. As the year started, Ben & I have been trying to focus on what we want to see change this year in our lives. How we will handle the uncontrollables, and how we want to try to influence change have been heavily on both of our minds.. so, I've been a little distracted :)
Our church always starts the year out with a month long fast and for us this year, it felt very right for us to participate on the level God impressed on us individually. I completely cut TV for the last 3 weeks, save for a few movies with hubby (have you seen Slum Dog Millionaire yet? good flick).. we modified our diets and tried to get back to focusing more on daily conversation with God.. we had realized that somehow we both just started forgetting to talk to Him..and we both want to change our lack of focus and discipline. Still, no matter how badly I want to start my day with a more spiritual slant, no matter how sure I am at night when I lay my head on the pillow that I will spring out of bed in the morning.. I have found it to be incredibly difficult. My heart wants to, but my body and self usually fight harder and I have been very dissapointed in my lack of discipline and fortitude.. Thank God for grace.. and for knowing that He really will talk to me at any time.. not just in the morning :)

1 comment:

Handlyrics said...

Hey,

I will be at church on Sunday! let me know if you will go and which service