Sunday, February 8, 2009

Random Updates

Kai: We have the most adorable kid.. He is just becoming such an enjoyable little boy.. into everything he isn't supposed to be, of course, but happy, fun and so cute! He is climbing up and down everything he can, eating all things edible and in love with Daddy - definitely his favorite person.. mine too though, I really can't blame him :)

Ben: Cut off his hair.. & is the only one in the family who hasn't come down with this horrible 2 week cold that is going around.. he had to take 1/2 a sick day to take care of Kai b/c I was so out of it one day last week.. thanks sweetie.. love you..

Preschool: Thanks so much to each who gave of their preschool wisdom.. I took the tour last week and decided that Kai belongs in the younger of the 2 classes. The level of play was completely different and I feel confident I made the right choice, so thanks for all your input & encouragement! I think he is going to have a great time a few mornings a week next fall.

Gold Party: My little gold party was a fun time and I have in my hands a check for AHope for $50+! Yippee! I love when you can have fun and make money for charity at the same time :)

Pregnancy: Went to the Dr. last week, everything is still looking aok.. Little girl is growing steadily and I am now at 31 weeks.. can't believe how quickly this is all going! We are still working on names and just today decided what direction to head in for the nursery - I'm pretty excited about it and so thankful that I have a creative hardworking and more than willing hubby! He mixed his own paint color for the walls today from leftovers we had in the garage - haha - hopefully it will be a perfect pink when done. We are planning on keeping LG in our room in a bassinet for the first several months and Kai in the crib, then we will move him to a toddler bed and she will inherit his furniture.. so, her room won't actually be put together for a while, but it will be nice to get the painting done and have a space that feels like a LG is coming home soon :) The bedding was decided by default since I bought several sets to try to sell on Ebay about a month ago and still have some left, good thing I really like all of them. :) This is a stock pic, but you get the idea..

2 comments:

Autumn said...

Love the picture of Ben & Kai! And I love the bedding too! That's great...I think we are doing the bassinet thing too.

Love you & Miss you girl.

Hip Mama

ShannonO.P said...

As soon as we set up the bassinet in our room it became so so real! So exciting :)

Glad to hear you're feeling well. I can't believe that you're at 31 weeks already! Time flies.

Can't wait to see pictures of the beautiful new addition!