Saturday, April 5, 2008

Ridiculitis #2 & 3

These two scenarios just happened minutes apart.

#1
Preface: I am the one in our relationship who throws things out. I do not like junk, clutter, maybe-one-day-I'll-need-it stuff. Ben hangs on forever and ever and ever and we are constantly battling over this. Here in our conversation ensues in the kitchen as we are baking a cake together, awww.

Me: So we need to get new batteries for the camera, right? Yesterday I threw out the dead ones that were in the camera and I tried the ones in the cupboard, but they were dead too.
Why were there dead batteries in the cupboard? Why didn't you just throw them out?

Ben: I thought maybe they just needed to rest for a while.

WHAT?

#2
As we are working on the delicious chocolate hazelnut cake {yum} we get to where we have to fold the chocolate into the egg whites. Folding in seems almost impossible to me with only one person b/c how in the world do you slowly add the chocolate while you are folding with the other hand? I am just not that co-ordinated :) So Ben ends up folding while I hold our really heavy pan in my weak left hand & scrape with my right.. It is getting REALLY heavy and I say we should switch jobs b/c it REALLY hurts now. He says "well, I think you should be the one to hold the pan b/c you are the one who goes to the gym. And, I just finished folding the laundry so I have recently had practice folding and I am very good at it." a few minutes later.. "I am also very gentle and this is a very del-i-cate job"

Uh huh.
love you honey, my delicate hubby.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You two are hilarious! You make me laugh!

Love ya, Mom B.

Handlyrics said...

Cute!!

Autumn said...

you crack me up!