Thursday, February 21, 2008

The 1st meeting!!!

Hello everyone,
Greetings from Addis Ababa!!!
I'll try and keep this short as the connection is dial-up and we share the computer with 3 buildings.
Today we arrived early at the CHSFS offices, just after noon.  So all of the families from last week were still here, that was great, we got meet them and get lots of advice for the week ahead.
Alright enough about that, after hanging out at the guest house for a few hours we were taken to the care center where we met Musse(Kai) for the first time!!!  We are so speechless at how beautiful he is, he's amazing.  He didn't cry at all, laughed many times, and he finally fell asleep as I(Ben) was holding him...so precious!  We cannot wait to see him tomorrow! You are not going to beleive how gorgeous his eyes are.....my gosh!!!  He's perfect!
Can you tell we are in love?
 
The trip before we got to CHSFS was amazing, everyone has been sooooo nice, and willing to do anything for you.
 
No pictures for now, we're working on it though.
We'll post again soon, maybe tomorrow.........
 
Love to all,
Ben and Gin

7 comments:

ErinM said...

How wonderful--I'm on the verge of tears thinking about you meeting Kai! I don't think we'll overlap with you, as we get in next Thursday night and you probably leave at the same time, but I can't wait to see you when you get back!

whatever_heather said...

I am all kinds of crying right now. I am so happy for you guys and Kai! We can't wait to see you when you get home. :)

Unknown said...

Ok, Sis, now I'm IN LOVE TOO!

Lauren said...

Congratulations! How exciting you finally get to meet your boy. God Bless!

Lauren

Anonymous said...

Crazy! Your finally there. His eyes were what stood out to me first, they are huge! Have fun guys. Uncle Tim

Anonymous said...

He is truly gorgeous, so happy for you! God is good. Gwinny and Scott

lcm0709 said...

GREAT update. My eyes welled. What a blessing! We cannot wait to hear more...!

Brian and Laura