Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Political Surprise

With all the swirling talk of Super Tuesday and my personal confusion on who I want to be in the White House next year, I decided to take a test to see if the internet can help me decide where I really stand. I was definitely surprised:
Surprised b/c generally I would have thought of myself as a Republican (even though I know it is so COOL to be a democrat and vote for Obama -Ha:) i {heart} Heather and Erin!) I am for smaller government, pro personal rights and less legislation. I do not like huge government spending on social programs that are merely a handout without education or guide to independence. BUT, I am for helping people who cannot help themselves due to poverty, disease & lack of education, though programs need to start solving the root problem, not just throw dollars at it. I am for corporate responsibility while also recognizing that multinational companies provide millions of jobs.. so I wouldn't want them legislated out of business.. I think the fair tax for our country is a great idea, eliminate the IRS and those billions alone could get us out of debt. (not to mention the decrease in headaches across the country). We spend so much as a nation on material goods it might do us well to have to think twice about it.

Anyway, I thought it was interesting to see where the 2008 candidates stand:

Looks like I should have been campaigning for Dennis Kucinich after all. All the others aren't really THAT much different from each other.. Maybe that's why I was so confused on who to vote for, even after watching a ton of debates..

This is my favorite one:
At least I am closer to the Dalai Lama than George W.

Take the test Here

6 comments:

whatever_heather said...

Dennis K was my closest match on a lot of quizzes I did, too...but that wasn't meant to be. I am just recently getting into this stuff, so I am still learning a lot, but I know I have a long way to go. I do heart Obama...I was cautious, because I didn't want to like him because it was cool to...I just believe him, and that's a good feeling.
You are right about taxes. To never have to worry about that crap again...heaven! Do you think it's possible??
Anway, the important thing is so many people are voting who never did before. It actually feels important to me now! :)
Love ya, and love your blog!

Handlyrics said...

This was interesting. I will definately take the test.

Anonymous said...

Virginia, you have the same exact views as I do. I heart Obama, but my wallet doesn't.

I'm going to take the test now... :)

Autumn said...

The test surprised me too! I don't heart Obama...but I was closer to Ghandi than you. I agree with you on the tax thing. cool.

Catherine said...

I heart Hillary!

You can read more about her on her website.

www.hillaryclinton.com

or check out my blog.

Unknown said...

Wow, sis, I think our marks might have landed on top of each other on this politcal quiz.
Your political compass
Economic Left/Right: -1.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.28