Friday, February 1, 2008

The 8

For Laura

8 Things I'm Passionate About:

  1. Learning new things
  2. Loving those around me
  3. Growing Spiritually
  4. Giving
  5. Good Food
  6. Laughing
  7. Health/Wellness
  8. (not passionate yet, but working on it) Exercise

8 Things I Want To Do Before I Die:

1. Skydive/Ski/Snowboard
2. Live in a big old country house
3. Learn to speak another language
4. Become good at meditating
5. See my children grown and happy
6. Stop biting my nails
7. Travel to Africa (soon!)
8. Adopt at least once more

8 Things I Say Often:

  1. Umm, ok
  2. No way!
  3. What?
  4. I'll be ready in 5 minutes
  5. I'm hungry/cold/thirsty
  6. Go to bed (to Norman, when he drives me CRAZY!)
  7. You're driving me crazy!
  8. It's trafficky

8 TV Shows I've Recently Watched:

  1. LOST
  2. 1000 Places to See before you Die
  3. Friends
  4. Oprah
  5. Football (almost over! :)
  6. CSI
  7. The Dog Whisperer
  8. ummm.. I'm reaching now..

8 Songs I Could Listen To Over and Over (in no particular order and off the top of my head):

  1. Trouble (Ray LaMontagne)
  2. John Saw that Number (Neiko Case)
  3. I Want You to be My Love (Over the Rhine)
  4. Bittersweet Symphony (The Verve)
  5. Rainbows in the Dark (Tilly & the Wall)
  6. Sons and Daughters (The Decemberists)
  7. Hoops (The Chemical Brothers)
  8. The Joshua Tree album.. I can't pick just one (U2)

8 Things That Attract Me To My Friends:

  1. Positive
  2. Hopeful
  3. Honest
  4. Transparent
  5. Like to Laugh
  6. Don't put me in a box
  7. Love their spouses
  8. Trustworthy

8 Things I've Learned (or been reminded of) This Past Year:

  1. I have the perfect husband for me
  2. I have to much stuff
  3. It is ok not know what you want to do with your life.. it's the now that counts
  4. The path to adoption is hard & long
  5. Not everyone is as excited about adoption as I am
  6. Where did last year go?
  7. People are very generous
  8. God is so patient with me

8 People I Think Should Do "8":

  1. Heather
  2. Chevella
  3. Autumn
  4. Christina
  5. Quinny (private blog)
  6. Erin
  7. Dauray
  8. Pat

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome! I love it.

Stephanie said...

Ah, I just happen to be the biggest Ray LaMontagne fan on earth! Love that you love Trouble.

Congrats on your court date and can't wait for you to hold Kai!

Autumn said...

ok...I'll work on it. and tell quinny you said so too.