Monday, February 4, 2008

Park Fun

I had the pleasure of spending the afternoon with my 8yr old niece and I decided that since she did not have PE today (as most days!) that she needed some time outside to play and run, & so did Norman, so we were off to the park. We walked Norm for a good bit, skipping along the paths (when was the last time I skipped?) and then went over to the playground for some fun. We played tag, got good and dirty and out of breath and then it was time to go. On the way out we passed a man with his son and Kalli said "I think that he is a hockey player on the Thrashers! He has the same beard as one of the guys" ?ok, really? Kalli has gone to several NHL games with her dad, has the player yearbook and knows her favorite player's stats. She would know, she's not pulling my leg, so I asked if she wanted to go back into the playground and get a better look. "Sure!" So we hang from the monkey bars about 10 feet away from the guy and I ask her, "So, what do you think?" "I don't know" she said, a little timid. So we headed out of the park back towards the car and I notice his t-shirt on the way out, NHPA in big letters.. NHPA.. what could it be??? National Hockey something.. So we drive out of the parking lot and it hits me, National Hockey Players Association! "Kalli! Your right! He is a player! Want to go back?" "Yah!" She exclaims, excitedly digging through her 3rd grade backpack for a pen and paper. She came up with a giant blue marker and a sheet of binder paper. He definitely was a player and was glad to give her an autograph. She was so excited she was screaming and singing for joy the whole care ride, continuing on as she ran inside up to her room to grab her player yearbook. The first words she said after gaining her composure were "Can I call Daddy?"
Eric Boulton #36
(notice the "beard" that she recognized :)

3 comments:

Diane said...

Pretty funny. I wouldn't known him if I fell on top of him. In fact, I'm not quite sure who "The Thrashers" are!

Handlyrics said...

Cute story!

Anonymous said...

Freaking awesome! Kalli is way better at that game than I am.