Monday, February 4, 2008

In Hopes of a Birth Certificate

Finally, today, two people have received the Birth Certificates for their kids, & hopefully more are coming. We got through court 18 days ago and are waiting for this essential piece of paper in order to get our travel date, which should be right around the corner! It is beyond frustrating that it is taking this long, we were hoping for a 7-14 day turnaround. Everything in general is just taking much longer than we first hoped. When we started this process families were home in 9-12 months. As long as we get home by the end of this month (please God!), our process will be 14 months from start to finish. I really feel for families in China adopt programs, they are now up to 3 years..

We also found out last Friday that a few families who were scheduled to leave over the weekend had their trips delayed due to USCIS (nothing they did or can do) and that the delay could be up to 60 days! Our hearts just break for them and I haven't been able to stop thinking about it all weekend.. They were packed, booked and ready - leaving in 2 days to meet their children and !BAM! nope, no go, back to waiting.. ugh.. Really, this process has made me have to just throw my arms up in the air and say, ok God, whatever, whenever.. I know you've got us covered, just help me endure it.. and then I look at the photo of little Kai on my desk, and I just know he is sooooo worth it.... We are SO close!

Love to all -

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I used to say that waiting for Max to come home was akin to waiting for the school bell to ring. Every time I looked at the clock I felt the minute hand was working in rewind.

Praying for you!

ErinM said...

I am anxiously waiting for yours to come through so that you get your travel dates and Kai can come home! It feels like it's taking forever. I hadn't heard about the families that got delayed--that would break my heart. I'm hoping for no more delays on yours and that the birth certificate is here today!

--Erin